Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Organized Life

Now that I'm officially back from my summer adventures, it's time to get life back in order. Here are the ways I try to make my weekdays as efficient and thoughtless as possible:

Outfits:
On Sundays, I choose all of my clothes for school for the week and hang them in the front of my closet (with jewelry) on hangers labeled for each day. I thought I would miss the spontaneity of choosing clothes to match my mood each day; I do not. On a rare occasion I need to switch outfits because of weather or something, but I just choose another that I already had out for the week.

Lunches:
Normally I pack four or five salads on the weekend and shove them in the bottom of my refrigerator. Then each morning, I just have to grab the salad and a fork. I almost always add an apple and a snack (string cheese, rocket crackers from TJ's, yogurt) to eat during break. On Fridays we have smoothies at school so I don't always bring a lunch.

Gym Life:
I plan my workouts in my planner. The night before, I check to see if I will be going right to the gym from school (sometimes going home first means never making it back out again). If that is the case, then I pack a gym bag to throw in my car in the morning.

Dinners:
I also note my dinners in my planner. I actually plan for the month on a separate calendar I made in a Google Doc. Then I can link the recipes from Pinterest. I shop on the weekends and make myself a note in my planner the day before if something needs to be defrosted. Because I go to a 4:30 class at the gym on Mondays, I almost always crockpot something that day so that I can eat right away when I get home at 5:45 or 6.

Creating systems to organize my life helps me to be a better teacher because my mind is focused on my class rather than on what I will eat, wear, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment